Contaminated Site Project Profile
|Job site/ location:||Former Market Garden Site Pearsall|
|Value of Works:||~$ 100k|
|Commencement of Works:||January 2011|
|Completion of Works:||Feb 2012|
|DEC Accredited Auditor||Charlie Barber, OTEK|
Description of Works
SERS were commissioned to undertake a Detailed Site Investigation on a former Market Garden Site in Pearsall. The site investigation and remedial works were undertaken with the aim of ameliorating any existing contamination to enable the future use of the site as a residential subdivision.
During the investigation, significant asbestos contamination was recorded across the surface of the site that had not been identified in a preliminary investigation conducted by another party.
Review and assessment of previous investigation
- Targeted site investigation consisting of 45 soil sample locations
- Collection and analysis of groundwater samples
- Undertaking a quantitative Environmental Risk Assessment for a residential end use
- Identification of significant asbestos contamination
- Development of a remediation program
- Regular consultation with Auditor and regulatory bodies
- Sampling, analysis remediation and validation of soil contaminated with asbestos
- Compilation of DEC-compliant Detailed Site Investigation (DSI) and Asbestos Remediation and Validation Plan.
SERS investigated and remediated significant asbestos contamination on-site, allowing construction of the residential development to commence. The final classification of the site is Not Contaminated – Unrestricted Use.