The asbestos/OHS division of Site Environmental & Remediation Services (SERS) is a significant independent asbestos management consultancy which works across all Australian states. Our services include surveys, sampling and analysis, preparation of policies and procedures, project management of asbestos removal works and fibre counting and asbestos analysis identification within our in-house NATA accredited laboratories.
SERS laboratories currently process 8 to 10 thousand asbestos samples per annum.
Due to our continued growth and current workload we are now looking to recruit an asbestos laboratory manager to join our company. The role will include being a NATA signatory.
- Analysis of asbestos air, soil and bulk samples.
- Being a NATA signatory.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with documented procedures and comply with the ISO Quality Management System and existing NATA accredited systems.
- Calibration and maintenance of all equipment.
- Mentor and direct laboratory analysts
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager
Candidates will be required to have demonstrated training or competency in a laboratory environment. Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory procedures and a working knowledge of microscopes is essential for the role. A minimum academic qualification of Cert IV in Laboratory Techniques with 5 years of asbestos experience, or a Degree in Chemistry with 2 years of asbestos experience is required. Experience in the analysis of asbestos is essential.
The ideal candidate will need to be:
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
- Familiar with MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work well within a team but have confidence and initiative to work with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A team player who can work on own initiative and prioritise their own workload.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter through Seek.