Work type: Full time
Location: Perth, Western Australia
The asbestos/OHS division of Site Environmental & Remediation Services (SERS) is a significant independent asbestos management consultancy which works across all Australian states. Our services include surveys, sampling and analysis, preparation of policies and procedures, project management of asbestos removal works and fibre counting and asbestos analysis identification within our in-house NATA accredited laboratories.
Due to our continued growth and current workload we are now looking to recruit an asbestos laboratory technician to join our company. Persons who have demonstrated work history and laboratory training or exposure to are welcome to apply.
- Analysis of asbestos air, soil and bulk samples.
- Assisting the laboratory manager in the completion of quality procedures.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with documented procedures and comply with the ISO Quality Management System and existing NATA accredited systems.
- Collecting samples where required from clients.
- The conduct of asbestos air monitoring in the field.
- Reporting directly to the Laboratory Manager
Candidates will be required to have demonstrated training or competency in a laboratory environment. Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory procedures and a working knowledge of microscopes is essential for the role. Experience in the analysis of asbestos is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will need to be:
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
- Familiar with MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work well within a team but have confidence and initiative to work with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A team player who can work on own initiative and prioritise their own workload.
Please apply via Seek with a copy of your CV and cover letter.