Contaminated Site Project Profile
Description of Works
SERS were commissioned to undertake a comprehensive environmental investigation, including the identification of acid sulphate soils, in order to satisfy a Planning Condition imposed by the Western Australian Planning Commission.
Due to construction timeline constraints associated with the project, SERS developed a strategy which allowed construction to commence without any delays to project works whilst also ensuring the environmental investigation proceeded as necessary.
- Review and assessment of previous investigations
- Collection and targeted analysis of >200 in-situ soil samples
- Collection and analysis of several rounds of groundwater samples from both the confined and unconfined aquifer
- Waste management of 60,000m3 of spoil produced during on-site excavation activities
- Identification and Management of acid sulphate soils
- Undertaking a quantitative Environmental Risk Assessment for residential land use
- Identification of buried asbestos pipework and other forms of ACM
- Regular consultation with Auditor and regulatory bodies
- Compilation of DEC-compliant Preliminary Site Investigation (PSI), Detailed Site Investigation (DSI), Remediation and Validation Plan (RVP) and Site Management Plan (SMP).
Stage 1 comprising of a 22-storey tower is currently under construction without having been subject to additional financial impediments from time delays. Two subsequent towers are due for commencement during 2012.
Upon completion of the DSI, Stage 1 of the site was classified as Remediated – Unrestricted Use.